Permits and Inspections


Call (920) 720-7104 at least 24 hours in advance to schedule an inspection.

  • Footing (before pouring)
  • Foundation (before backfilling)
  • Electrical service
  • Underground plumbing (before pouring basement floor) (Poly inspection not required)
  • Rough-ins (before covering up with insulation or drywall): Building/Framing, Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing
  • Insulation (before sheetrock/drywall)
  • Final/Occupancy

Hours of inspection (Monday through Friday):
10:00a.m.-12:00p.m. and 2:00p.m.-4:00p.m.

NOTE: For Commercial Electrical & Plumbing inspections, contact Dan Coffey 920-418-1820 to schedule.  


  • ALL PERMITS must be brought to the Village of Fox Crossing for processing before any work begins.
  • Permit applications and fees may be submitted in person at the Community Development office, or may be mailed to:
    Village of Fox Crossing
    Building Inspections
    2000 Municipal Dr.
    Neenah, WI  54956
  • Any permits requiring a Zoning Permit must be processed with the Village of Fox Crossing alongside the building permit.
  • Any permits requiring a Zoning Permit also require a site plan showing placement and size of all structures (existing and proposed), dimensions of the proposed structures, and setbacks from all property lines and all other structures on the property.
  • If a contractor is doing the work, the Village recommends that the contractor pull the permit.  The contractor will also need to have current credentials from the State of Wisconsin in order to pull a permit. For work on a 1- or 2-family home, contractors need the Dwelling Contractor credential as well as the Dwelling Contractor Qualifier credential.(Please note: General contractors may not pull permits for electrical, HVAC or plumbing work. Electrical work requires a Master Electrician credential, HVAC work requires an HVAC Contractor credential, and Plumbing work requires a Master Plumber credential.)
  • A homeowner who resides or will reside in a home is allowed to pull permits for work on their home, however the State of Wisconsin requires that the homeowner read and sign a Cautionary Statement.
  • If the homeowner does not occupy but plans to reside in the home, they can do the Construction & HVAC but Electrical & Plumbing work must be done by a license contractor.

Building Permit Fee Schedule

Project and Permit Information

Example of Site Plan